Caregiver and Parent Resources
Being a parent or caregiver to someone with chronic illness(es) is a special experience that comes with its own set of challenges and hardships. Here at Fight Like a Warrior, we thank you for the effort and love you put in daily! Here are some resources that may help you along your journey as a parent/caregiver of a warrior.
For Parents & Caregivers
- Well Spouse Association advocates for and addresses the needs of people who care for a chronically ill or disabled husband, wife, or partner (but we think these resources can be helpful to parents as well!).
- Parent to Parent USA connects parents and families of children with disabilities and special health needs to ensure access to quality emotional support.
Wrights Law: The Advocates Bookstore
- Resources on specific disabilities, special education, legal rights and responsibilities, negotiating with schools, and more.
For Your Warrior
- Move United uses the power of sport to push what’s possible for people with disabilities, confronting ignorance, fueling conversation, and inciting action that leads us to a world where everyone’s included.
- Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
- This residential summer camp program enriches the lives of children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis by providing them with a safe and supportive camp community.