Caregiver and Parent Resources
Being a parent or caregiver to someone with chronic illness(es) is a special experience that comes with its own set of challenges and hardships. Here at Fight Like a Warrior, we thank you for the effort and love you put in daily! Here are some resources that may help you along your journey as a parent/caregiver of a warrior.
For Parents & Caregivers
- Well Spouse Association advocates for and addresses the needs of people who care for a chronically ill or disabled husband, wife, or partner (but we think these resources can be helpful to parents as well!).
- Parent to Parent USA connects parents and families of children with disabilities and special health needs to ensure access to quality emotional support.
Wrights Law: The Advocates Bookstore
- Resources on specific disabilities, special education, legal rights and responsibilities, negotiating with schools, and more.
Caring for Chronically Ill Kids
When Your Child is Diagnosed with Chronic Illness
For Your Warrior
- Move United uses the power of sport to push what’s possible for people with disabilities, confronting ignorance, fueling conversation, and inciting action that leads us to a world where everyone’s included.
National Youth Leadership Network
- Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
- This residential summer camp program enriches the lives of children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis by providing them with a safe and supportive camp community.